For Previous Graduates looking for entry level positions:
If you are looking for a 2016 open entry level position, take into account that
very few positions become available after the July 1st start date. Check the
“Unfilled Positions” section on casprcrip.org often if still available to see if any positions are listed.
If the Unfilled Positions page is no longer up, please check the "What's New"
page. Keep in mind that residency programs are not obligated to inform CASPR of open
positions after the Match, or if and when those positions have been filled. Your
Graduate Placement Director is a good contact if you are looking for
If you are a looking for an open entry level position starting July 1, 2017, you
have two options:
1. You can apply through CASPR's online service on
www.CASPRweb.org. The "Applicant" site becomes available August 1st. The Initial Program Designation/Application Deadline is
Thursday October 27th.
Applications should be complete by that time as the site will shut down. CASPR
sends applications to residency programs November 2nd and the application site
will reopen on November 7th for late designations. Applications and designations will continue
to be accepted until December 28, 2016. Traditionally, previous graduates have
not fared well in the match. If at all possible for those already in a residency, your best option is to complete
your first year and then transfer into a PGY 2 advanced position.
To apply through CASPR, send an email to
email@example.com to request a log in.
Include in the email the year and the school you graduated from. If you
are reading this before August 1st, please try to send us an email at the
earliest the third week of July. This way you will be provided a login
on August 1st with the current class. Information about the CASPR process online can be found in the
User Guide in the "Especially for Students" section. Please also check out the
CASPR Applicant schedule, in the "Especially for Students" section.
2. Once the MPII process is over, you can apply to programs that still have positions available.
Those programs will be listed in the Unfilled Positions document starting Friday March 24 at 3 pm EasternT. Unmatched students and previous graduates that remain unplaced or
did not participate in CASPR are able to apply. Please be aware that the majority of the programs will fill their positions during MPII.
For Previous Graduates seeking an advanced position PGY-2 or PGY-3:
You do not need to participate in CASPR. Advanced positions do not
participate in the CASPR Match. Open advanced positions will be listed when we
are informed by the programs that they are available in the "Advanced Positions
What's New" page. Check periodically to see if any advanced positions
are advertised there throughout the year, especially around Match Week in March,
which starts March 20.
For Previous Graduates that participate in CASPR
Please be sure to review
The 2017 CASPR/CRIP Schedule is available in the “Especially for Students” section of www.casprcrip.org. Here is the link:
http://www.casprcrip.org/html/casprcrip/pdf/STUSCHED.pdf. Since you are a previous graduate participating in CASPR again, here are a few guidelines:
- You are starting a new application just like you did the previous time(s) you
have participated in CASPR. None of your information was saved in the database
so you are starting fresh. If you wish to use any documents uploaded last cycle
like letters of recommendation, hopefully you still have the individual letters
saved in your records to upload them as was done last year.
- All application materials listed are required by the deadline including the CASPR Application fee $150. If you are planning on participating in CRIP then the $200 fee is also required before CRIP Scheduling starts in December.
- In order for your transcripts and clinicals to be uploaded to your account please be in contact with your school residency coordinator to make arrangements as it is not automatically done.
- Regarding the APMLE Part I and Part II Written results: We will be uploading the Part I and the Part II results the same time as the current graduates.
Please refer to the Applicant CASPR Schedule for when we upload the Part I
results. It is better for us to request the results at the same time and upload them the same way.
If you wish to include your APMLE Part II results as part of your CASPR
Application, you have the option of uploading your results. Please be
aware that the results are not considered official until they have been added to
your CASPR Application in March prior to Match week.
Since you have participated in the CASPR before, there have been slight updates
to the website over the years. Here are changes that you need to be aware
1. On the CASPR Application Part I, you will no longer have to put in your
Socical Security Number. Also any fields related to citizenship have also been
removed. Please contact residency programs directly if you have questions in
2. Applicants have the option of uploading a photo to their CASPR
Application. It will no longer be required in order for your CASPR
Application to be considered complete.
3. For the 2017 Residency Selection cycle here is how we are handling the
APMLE Part II CSPE. If you are:
- Class of 2017: Passage of APMLE Part II CPSE is required to be
included in the CASPR Match. Also, passage of APMLE Part I and APMLE Part II
Written are required for remaining participation.
- Class of 2016: You are not required to pass the CSPE exam in order to participate in CASPR. AMPLE Part I and APMLE Part II Written are still required.
- Class of 2015: Since the exam is being offered again, if you have not passed the CSPE exam you are not able to
participate in the CASPR Match. Also, passage of APMLE Part I and APMLE Part II Written
are required for remaining participation.
- Class 2014 or earlier: You are neither required nor eligible to take the CSPE
so the change does not affect you. Passage of APMLE Part I and APMLE Part II
Written are required for remaining participation in CASPR.
4. For the APMLE Score Release Form:
- The social security number field has been removed. It is no longer a
requirement for the field to be filled out in order to save the APMLE Score
- There is a field requesting the CMS ID. It is 11-12 characters and starts with
three letters, a dash, and nine more characters that are a mix of letters and
numbers. An example CMS ID: PRO-2T8P48F5H. On the APMLE Score Release Form,
the field is located right under the ATT number field. This will be another way
for us to help identify you when receiving your results. If you do not have a CMS ID, please put N/A in the
5. On the homepage, the Status box has three additional checkboxes.
One is the Discrimination Notice box that will check off once you have
indicated that the document has been reviewed. Another checks off that we recieved your CASPR Ranking lists, and if you are
participating in MP II, checks off that you have at least started your
6. On the "Payment Due" screen, there is an entry to enter an email
address to send the email from
firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that your payment is processing. Also the
"Payment Due" will total all of the checked items that you plan to pay. Please
be aware of what fees you are paying as the additional designation fees are
7. For the CASPR Application Part II one of the questions have been changed
to: "Have you served or will you have sereved any post-graduate podiatric
residencies by the end of the CASPR cycle year."
8. In the "Reports" tab, we have added links to your CASPR Application
Part I and CASPR Application Part II so you are able to access even when the "My
Application" tab is closed. Just in case you wanted to save the pieces of
your CASPR Application separately and as a whole, you now have that option.
9. For the CASPR Application Part I, we have updated the form so the APMLE
test results appear in the order it was taken for all three exams.